PhD: Physiology, Cinvestav. México 1984.
B.Sc.: Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, 1960.
Current position: Full Professor
Member of the National System of Researchers (SNI): Level III. Emeritus
Study of adrenergic and serotonergic agonists and antagonists on the cardiovascular system
Pharmacological effects of indorrenate related with its action on the 5-HT1A and 5-HT2 receptors
Presssor effects induced by hyperglicemia
Role of insulin resistance and nitric oxide on blood presssure homeostasis
Search for drugs decreasing insulin resistance
* Hong, E., Larios, F., Gómez-Viquez, Huang, F. and Bravo, G.: Role of alpha adrenoceptors and nitric oxide on cardiovascular responses in acute and chronic hipertensión. J. Physiol. Biochem. 67: 427-435, 2011.
* Huang, F. Rosas Lezama, M.A., Pérez Ontiveros, J.A., Bravo, G., Villafaña, S., del-Río-Navarro, B.A. and Hong, E.: Effect of losartan on vascular function in fructosa-fed rats: The role of perivascular adipose tissue. Clin. Exper. Hypert., 32: 98-104, 2010.
* Bravo, G., Kurtansky, A., López-Muñóz, F.J., Villalón, C.M., Rojas, G. y Hong, E. : The protective action of amlodipine on cardiac negative inotropism induced by lipopolysaccharide in rats. Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology, 100:339-344,2007.
* Orduña, V., Hong, E. y Bouzas, A.: Interval bisection in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Behavioral Processes, 74:107-111, 2007.
* Bravo, G., Ibarra, A., Guizar-Sahagún, G y Hong, E.: Indorenate improves motor function in rats with chronic spinal cord injury. Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology, 100: 67-70, 2007.
Award:“Fondo para estimular la Investigación Médica y Farmacéutica en México. President of the Mexican Association of Pharmacology. Member of Nacional System of Reaearch, level III. Award: “Tecnologia Ixta”. National award on Sciences and Arts. Modality in Technology & Design. Member of the Mexican Society of Cardiology. Coordinator of the Chapter of Experimental Cardiology. Coordinator of Chapter of Arterial Hypertension of the Society Mexican of Cardiology. President of the Arterial Hypertension Society of Mexico. Award: “Martín de la Cruz”.
Delegate by Mexico in International Union of Pharmacology. President of the Western Pharmacology Society.
Membership of Academies and Societies:
Mexican Society of Physiological Sciences. Mexican Association of Pharmacology. American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. International Union of Pharmacology Delegate by Mexico. National Academy of Medicine. Consultant of Therapeutic-Clinic Evaluation of the National Academy of Medicine. National Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Mexican Society of Cardiology. Member of Scientific Committee. Organisation of Experimental Cardiology Chapter; Organization of Arterial Hypertension Chapter. Western Pharmacology Society. Mexican Academy of Sciences. Arterial Hypertension Society of Mexico. American Society for Neuroscience. International Society of Hypertension. American Society of Hypertension.
Supervision of Research Projects for Theses
6 College Degree
27 Master Science
13 D. Sc (Ph.D.)
122 Peer-reviewed publications
36 Book chapters & small reviews
12 Bioethics publications and varia