Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Department of Pharmacology, Royal Free Campus, University College London. United Kingdom, 2000-2001.
Ph.D.: Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Cinvestav, September, 2000.
M.Sc.: Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Cinvestav, December, 1997.
B.Sc.: Universidad Autónoma de Campeche, May, 1995.
Current position: Professor.
* Pharmacological characterization of the cardiovascular responses to catecholamines, imidazolines, sex steroids (estradiol and testosterone), and hydrogen sulfide (H2S).
* Mechanisms involved on: (1) the modulation of the cardiovascular sympathetic outflow; and (2) the contractile responses of several vasoactive compounds.
* Protective effect of sex steroids in the cardiovascular system in experimental models of Diabetes Mellitus and hypertension.
* Pharmacological characterization of the cardiovascular effects of hydrogen sulphide (H2S), a gasotransmitter with cardioprotector and vasculoprotector properties.
· Pithed rat
· Isolated blood vessels from several species
· Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Hypertension
Peer-reviewed articles: 82
Book chapters: 3
Meeting abstracts: 157
Supervision of thesis
Ph. D.: 7
M. Sc.: 18
B. Sc.: 7
Supervisor of summer undergraduate research program since 2003-2019: 17 students
* Huerta de la Cruz, S., Rocha, L., Santiago-Castañeda, C., Sánchez-López, A., Pinedo-Rodríguez, A.D., Medina-Terol, G.J., Centurión, D. NaHS subchronic treatment improves hypertension induced by traumatic brain injury in rats through vasopressor sympathetic outflow inhibition. Journal of Neurotrauma. 2022, issue 1-2, pages 181-195. https://doi.org/10.1089/neu.2020.7552 . Ph.D. Thesis of Saúl Huerta de la Cruz.
*Huerta de la Cruz, S., Rodríguez-Palma, E. J., Santiago-Castañeda, C. L., Beltrán-Ornelas, J. H., Sánchez-López, A., Rocha, L., Centurión, D. Exogenous hydrogen sulfide restores CSE and CBS but no 3-MST protein expression in the hypothalamus and brainstem after severe traumatic brain injury. Metabolic Brain Disease. 2022, vol. 37, issue 6, pages 1863-1874. Doi.: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11011-022-01033-1 Ph.D. Thesis of Saúl Huerta de la Cruz.
*Huerta de la Cruz, S., Medina-Terol, G. J., Sánchez-López, A., Centurión, D. TRPA1, but not TRPV1, is involved in the increase of the non-adrenergic non-cholinergic outflow induced by hydrogen sulfide in pithed rats. Peptides, 2022. Vol. 157, issue 11. Article number: 170861. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.peptides.2022.170861. M.Sc. Thesis of Saúl Huerta de la Cruz and Grecia J Medina Terol.
* G. J. Medina-Terol, S. Huerta de la Cruz, J. H. Beltran-Ornelas, A. Sánchez-López and D. Centurión. Pharmacological evidence that potassium channels mediate hydrogen sulfide-induced inhibition of the vasopressor sympathetic outflow in pithed rats European Journal of Pharmacology, 2022. Articler number 175160 doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2022.175160. M.Sc. Thesis of Grecia Josefa Medina Terol.
* Solís-Guillén, R., Leopoldo, M., Meneses, A., Centurión, D. Activation of 5-HT1A and 5-HT7 receptors enhanced a positively reinforced long-term memory. Behavioural Brain Research. 397. Article number 112932. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbr.2020.112932. Ph.D. Thesis of Rocío del Carmen Solís Gullén.
* Gomez, C.B., Huerta de la Cruz, S., Medina-Terol, G.J., Beltrán-Ornelas, J.H., Sánchez-López, A., Silva-Velasco, D.L., Centurión, D. Chronic administration of NaHS and L-Cysteine restores cardiovascular changes induced by high-fat diet in rats. European Journal of Pharmacology. European Journal of Pharmacology. 2019. Vol. 863, article number: 172707. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejphar.2019.172707. M.Sc. Thesis of Carolina Belen Gomez.
* Keith and Eva Killam Memorial Award 2009. This award, originally offered as the Syntex Prize, was created by the Western Pharmacology Society to recognize important contributions by young investigators in pharmacology.
* Premio Nacional Jaime Herrera 2006” awarded by the Society of Arterial Hypertension of Mexico in basic research with the work derived from M. Sc. thesis of Elsa B. Monroy-Ordoñez “Pharmacological characterization of the mechanisms involved on the inhibition by several imidazolines on the vasopressor responses induced by sympathetic stimulation in pithed rats”.
* Speaker in several international symposia within international congresses that have taken place in Japan, England, Portugal, Denmark, Argentina and Mexico.
Reviewer in the following indexed journals:
1. British Journal of Pharmacology
3. European Journal of Pharmacology
4. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology
5. Naunyn-Schmiedebergs’s Archives of Pharmacology
6. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences
7. Brain Research
Ph.D. Araceli Sánchez López
Tel. +52 (55) 5483 2866
Fax +52 (55) 5483 2863
Identifiers in some databases
Scopus Author ID: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=6602829842
Web of Science Profile: https://www.webofscience.com/wos/author/record/A-4507-2008
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=es&user=MX2h_QIAAAAJ