Postdoctoral Research Fellow. Department of Pharmacology, Royal Free Campus, University College London. United Kingdom, 2000-2001.
Ph.D.: Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Cinvestav, September, 2000.
M.Sc.: Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Cinvestav, December, 1997.
B.Sc.: Universidad Autónoma de Campeche, May, 1995.
Current position: Associate professor.
* Pharmacological characterization of the cardiovascular responses to catecholamines, imidazolines and sex steroids (estradiol and testosterone).
* Mechanisms involved on: (1) the modulation of the cardiovascular sympathetic outflow; and (2) the contractile responses of several vasoactive compounds.
* Protective effect of sex steroids in the cardiovascular system in experimental models of Diabetes Mellitus and hypertension.
* Pharmacological characterization of the cardiovascular effects of hydrogen sulphide (H2S), a gasotransmitter with cardioprotector and vasculoprotector properties.
· Pithed rat
· Isolated blood vessels from several species
· Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Hypertension
Peer-reviewed articles: 68
Book chapters: 3
Meeting abstracts: 139
Supervision of thesis
Ph. D.: 5
M. Sc.: 10
B. Sc.: 4
* De la Cruz, S.H., Medina-Terol, G.J., Beltrán-Ornelas, J.H., Gomez, C.B., Morato-Valderrama, Y., Sánchez-López, A., Centurión, D., 2018. Pharmacological evidence that metformin blocks the vasopressor responses mediated by stimulation of α1- and α2-adrenoceptors in pithed rats. European Journal of Pharmacology. 820, 130-137.
* Gutiérrez-Lara, EJ., Navarrete-Vázquez, G., Sánchez-López, A. & Centurión, D. Pharmacological evaluation of metformin and N-benzylbiguanide, a novel analogue of metformin, on the vasopressor responses to adrenergic system stimulation in pithed rats with fructose-induced insulin resistance. European Journal of Pharmacology. 814: 313-323. 2017.
* Centurión, D., De la Cruz S.H., Gutiérrez-Lara E.J., Beltrán-Ornelas J.H., & Sánchez-López A. Pharmacological evidence that NaHS inhibits the vasopressor responses induced by stimulation of the preganglionic sympathetic outflow in pithed rats. European Journal of Pharmacology. 770, 40-45. 2016.
* Acosta-Cota, S.J., Sánchez-López, A., Molina-Muñoz, T., Gómez-Viquez, N.L., & Centurión, D. Evidence that chronic administration of 17β-oestradiol decreases the vasopressor responses to adrenergic system stimulation in streptozotocin-diabetic female rats. Steroids. 83, 1-9. 2014. (M. Sc. Thesis of Selene J. Acosta-Cota).
* Alcántara-Vázquez O, Villamil-Hernández MT, Sánchez-López A, & Centurión D. Pharmacological evidence that dopamine inhibits the cardioaccelerator sympathetic outflow via D2-like receptors in pithed rats. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences. 123, 380-391. 2013 (Ph. D. thesis of Oscar Alcántara-Vázquez).
* Villamil-Hernández, M.T., Alcántara-Vázquez, O., Sánchez-López, A. Manrique-Maldonado, G., Villalón, C.M. & Centurión, D. Pharmacological identification of the α2-adrenoceptor subtypes mediating the vasopressor responses to B-HT 933 in pithed rats. European Journal of Pharmacology, 691, 118-124. 2012. (Ph. D. Thesis of Ma. Trinidad Villamil Hernández).
* Keith and Eva Killam Memorial Award 2009. This award, originally offered as the Syntex Prize, was created by the Western Pharmacology Society to recognize important contributions by young investigators in pharmacology.
* Premio Nacional Jaime Herrera 2006” awarded by the Society of Arterial Hypertension of Mexico in basic research with the work derived from M. Sc. thesis of Elsa B. Monroy-Ordoñez “Pharmacological characterization of the mechanisms involved on the inhibition by several imidazolines on the vasopressor responses induced by sympathetic stimulation in pithed rats”.
* Speaker in several international symposia within international congresses that have taken place in Japan, England, Portugal, Denmark, Argentina and Mexico.
Reviewer in the following indexed journals:
1. British Journal of Pharmacology
3. European Journal of Pharmacology
4. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology
5. Naunyn-Schmiedebergs’s Archives of Pharmacology
6. Journal of Pharmacological Sciences
7. Journal of American Hypertension Society
Araceli Sánchez-López, Ph.D.
Phone: +52 (55) 5483 2866